I’ll help you to learn how Medicare works, and the rules of the road for Medicare Supplement Plans, Medicare Advantage Plans, and Prescription Drug Plans.
For information about my Prescription Drug Plans review program click here.
To obtain help for Medicare and other senior products & services
• Prospective clients: Click here to book a phone call.
• Existing clients: Click here to book a phone call.
• Email: email@example.com
• Call 323-293-6800 and leave a message.
Do you want access to certain doctors, a medical group or hospital? If your doc is affiliated with Cedars-Sinai or UCLA, for example, you’ll want to know your options for coverage that works with those doctors.
If you’re looking for Medicare coverage that provides access to any doctor in the U.S. who accepts Medicare, then Original Medicare (Part A & B), plus a Medicare Supplement plan and a Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) might be the way to go.
Timing is everything in Medicare:
- New to Medicare? The best time for us to begin a conversation is about 12 months before your 65th birthday. That way there is plenty of time, and no need to rush into anything.
- Receiving SSDI? (Social Security Disability Insurance) Folks who have received 24 months of SSDI payments may qualify for Medicare, regardless of age.
- Already started Medicare? An annual review is helpful because changes can occur every year regarding 1) doctor networks in Medicare Advantage plans, 2) drug plan formularies, and 3) premiums for Medicare Supplement Plans.
- Over 65 and covered in a group plan or COBRA? Your enrollment window varies, depending on various factors including whether or not your Part A and B are active.
- Already enrolled in a Medicare Supplement Plan? You may switch to any other carrier’s equal or lesser value plan, guaranteed issue, during the 30 days following your birthday. Applications submitted at other times can result in a rate up or decline due to preexisting conditions.
U.S. Government Medicare Resources
Visit https://www.medicare.gov/Publications/ and type in the name of the publication you wish to access. Below are names of some common publications.
- Medicare & You
- Choosing a Medigap Policy: A Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare
- Your Guide to Medicare’s Preventive Services
- Your Medicare Benefits
- Medicare and Other Health Benefits: Your Guide to Who Pays First
- Medicare Hospice Benefits
- Your Guide to Choosing a Nursing Home
- Your Guide to Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
Disclaimer: Aquarius Insurance Services, LLC and Michael Grodsky do not work for, and are not representatives of, Medicare or any governmental agency.